Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't my phone ringing when I receive an incoming call? It only vibrates. Have check Do Not Disturb and that is not on. It says something about the phone being in silence mode, don't know how to check that. What else?

Have an iPhone 6, just a week old.

My phone stopped ringing? It only vibrates and don't know why. Don't think I changed anything. Tried to find something in the support site it said to check Do Not Disturb, which I did. No half moon in the status bar. Turned it on then off again to verify I know what the status bar is. Then it said something about the phone being in silence mode. Where is "silence" mode?

What else needs checking? Called support, because I paid for apple care, but they are closed.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:27 PM

There is a button on the left-hand side of the phone just above the volume buttons. Look at it, and if you can see a red line, then it is in the Mute position. Flip the switch up toward the front of the phone to take it out of the Ringer Silent mode.

Cheers,

GB

3 replies

Why isn't my phone ringing when I receive an incoming call? It only vibrates. Have check Do Not Disturb and that is not on. It says something about the phone being in silence mode, don't know how to check that. What else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.