Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am transfering music from my ipod classic to my lapotop. I am waiting for the F

It has been 9 hrs and only 64% of my files have transferred to my new folder on my computer. I followed all of the steps properly and I am unsure that it is supposed to take this long. Occasionally it says that a file cannot be found and I chose to skip that file, but there is nothing coming up now and it has not moved in a long time. Is this normal? is there anything that I should do? I am not willing to start over because I am afraid that I am going to lose the music and I do not want that to happen because I have 8000 songs that I will not be able to ever get back. What should I do? Please help. Thank you in advance!

iPod classic, Very first Ipod classic 30 GB

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:03 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 3:31 AM in response to alexispeck13

See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy. Use the same tool in that to copy off the files that can be read from the iPod's drive. Unlike Windows Explorer it does a better job of giving up gracefully when it cannot read a file. You can also make several attempts to read off the files, it will only try to copy the files that weren't copied in previous passes. Plus you have a tool for backing up what you do manage to recover.

tt2

I am transfering music from my ipod classic to my lapotop. I am waiting for the F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.