Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect more than 1 device to my time capsule

Hi

I have an xfinity Internet connection and I've just changed upgraded my modem.

The new modem is a SURFboard modem, Model SB6121.

I've plugged my Time Capsule to the modem but I can wirelessly connect only my iMac to the Time Capsule.

Impossible to connect any other iPhone or iPad to the Time Capsule wireless network.

Any clue ?

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:36 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 9:52 PM in response to camilleinSF

You have moved from a router modem to a pure modem..

The TC is probably in bridge mode.. it must now change to router mode..

Start from a factory reset. No files are lost on the hard disk doing this.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

Setup the TC again.

I do recommend the following.

Then redo the setup from the computer or iOS device with airport utility.

1. Use very short names.. NOT APPLE RECOMMENDED names. No spaces and pure alphanumerics.

eg TCgen5 for basestation and TCwifi wireless name.

If the issue is wireless use TC24ghz and TC5ghz.

2. Use all passwords that also comply with 1. but can be a bit longer. ie 8-20 characters mixed case and numbers.. no non-alphanumerics.

Because you have now changed the network around.. power off the modem and the TC.. wait 20min (although you can test after 5min if you want)..

Power up the modem.. wait 2min.

Power up the TC.. wait 2min.

Power up the clients..

Your clients should get addresses in the 10.0.1.x range.

If you have issues.. please tell me what model is the TC and running what firmware..

The SB 6121 is known problematic with later TC.

I cannot connect more than 1 device to my time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.