Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped a weight on my phone

While working out this evening, I dropped a 25 pound weight on my phone. There are no cracks, and the phone continued to work for several minutes before overheating and shutting down. When I flipped it over, I noticed a small dent on the back of the phone. Once it cooled off, I plugged it in to a charger and the white screen with the black Apple logo on it appeared. It then disappeared and reappeared and has been doing so for the past hour or so. I am not sure what to do. There is no sign of pixel damage, the screen is not dented, the phone is not cracked, and it is no longer heating up.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:46 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 8:50 PM in response to gabb_gabs

You'll probably have to take it to an authorized service provider or Apple Store genius

so they can determine what repairs are needed to the internal parts that likely broke.

Usually when lifting weights, the participants should start with a lower amount and

gradually work up. Perhaps that's what should've been tried with novice iPhone...

In any event...

Good luck! 🙂

Dropped a weight on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.