Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 Recompress From H.264 to Pro Res 422 Problem - PLEASE HELP

Hi Everyone,

I need some help please. I am working on a MAC running Yosemite 10.10.3. I am re-compressing my Canon 700D (T5i) footage (1920x1080 HD) from H.264 to PRO RES 422 in order to edit in FCP 7. I am using Media Manager in FCP to do this. FCP writes the video file but then at completion produces a "Reconnect Media Failed" messages which reads "The clip MVI_0171.MOV was unable to reconnect to the re-compressed file,due to the file being corrupted" The file that I attempted to re-compress then appears in the destination file assigned in the original format of H.264, basically an exact copy.

I understand that H.264 does not agree with FCP 7 and it is better to re-compress to Pro Res for editing purposes, however I am a little bit stuck because of this problem. I should mention that no audio was recorded at the time of shooting as it was not required.

I have searched the internet high and low but I cannot find an answer to this particular problem, does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong or how I can get around it? Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks.

James.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:38 AM

1 reply

FCP 7 Recompress From H.264 to Pro Res 422 Problem - PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.