Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Rejection from Apple App Store

My App has been rejected from apple App Store and the reason they provided is The rating you’ve selected, 4+, is inconsistent with the content of your app. Since your app allows unfiltered access to YouTube, where content with mature or suggestive themes can be accessed, it should be rated 17+.

But i have seen many apps,even apps like Facebook and Twitter which open the youtube page,also the user can navigate and search from there. I am just opening the video on UIWebView which open the link of YouTube video. They are asking me to change my rating from 4+ to 17+ but many apps which do the same thing,have rating of 4+. I don't want to change my rating from 4+ to 17+.

Why does Apple allow Facebook and Twitter to open the you tube page and search the content within the app,even if their rating is 4+.

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:49 AM

yadavankitin wrote:

Why does Apple allow Facebook and Twitter to open the you tube page and search the content within the app,even if their rating is 4+.

Hi yadavankitin,

This is old news: http://www.marco.org/2012/03/03/frequent-intense-mature-suggestive-themes

It is against the Apple Support Communities Term of Use to speculate on Apple policies, so I won't. But I could. 👿

I can make constructive suggestions though. I suggest a deeper integration with Apple's own video services like iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 7:49 AM in response to yadavankitin

yadavankitin wrote:

Hi yadavankitin,

This is old news: http://www.marco.org/2012/03/03/frequent-intense-mature-suggestive-themes

It is against the Apple Support Communities Term of Use to speculate on Apple policies, so I won't. But I could. 👿

I can make constructive suggestions though. I suggest a deeper integration with Apple's own video services like iTunes.

App Rejection from Apple App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.