Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get photos off my ipod classic that needs restoring?

Hello! So i know this question has been asked before...but my question has a twist! I have around 8 years worth of photos on my ipod classic and unfortunately they are no longer backed up anywhere else (laptop died, memory cards gone).

All the photos are fine and dandy on my ipod and i can view them no problems at all, but everything else on my ipod mysteriously disappeared (2km into a full marathon which was spectacular timing!).

When i plug my ipod into my mac it says "if you are experiencing problems with your ipod you can restore its original settings by clicking restore ipod". Obviously that will delete my photos and i don't want that. I have tried Floola, Yamipod and a couple of other programs to try and retrieve the photos with no luck. I copied the files off my ipod to macbook but they are unix readable files and i cannot open them either.

I don't understand why everything else disappeared but my photos are still there. i'm desperate to get them back as it's basically 8 years worth of travel photos that aren't anywhere else.

Any hints, suggestions or black magic would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

-mike

iPod classic, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:11 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Mike Cowgill

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

If you copied the original photos to your device they can be copied off using Windows Explorer/Finder. Otherwise I believe some of the media recovery tools can extract the low resolution images. Your media files may also be recoverable, even though no longer listed on the device. Follow the link to the iLounge article near the bottom.

tt2

how do i get photos off my ipod classic that needs restoring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.