Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for Puzzle transition or theme

I'm looking for a Jigsaw type puzzle transition or theme. Must be compatible with 10.2. I've Googled around but so far no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:36 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for the link. I believe this is same effect I found earlier - posted in 2012 if I'm correct. I can't get the link you pasted to open. Keep getting an error message that it is crashed. If it is the same one, the problem I ran into is that things appear to have changed in terms of how effects and transitions get installed in Yosemite / FCP 10.2. The directions for that transition even made mention that the author was having some trouble installing to Mountain Lion (the new OS at the time) and he wasn't sure what might happen on future updates.

Sooo...if someone can tell me how to install this - and I can get the link to work, I'd love to use it. You are correct - it is exactly what I'm looking for!

May 27, 2015 8:24 AM in response to TChards

I have just downloaded it today, installed on 10.2.1 and it worked...

What I did was:

1) clicked the first link mentioned in that fcp.co forum page: Download Free FCPX Final Cut Pro X Transition Puzzle

2) the zip file was automatically downloaded to my Downloads folder and expanded to a folder called sc_puzzle

(if it doesn't on your machine you just have to double-click the zip file)

3) I dragged the sc_puzzle folder to /Users/myname/Movies/Motion Templates/Transitions

4) it works

Looking for Puzzle transition or theme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.