Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does 8.3 allow the user to initiate a wifi sync from the mobile device?

I can wirelessly sync my iPhone 6 with iTunes if I initiate the sync from iTunes on my iMac. But, if I try to initiate a wireless sync from my iPhone, I am told to use a cable and check the wireless sync box in iTunes. That box is checked, and I am able to wirelessly sync, but only if I initiate the sync from iTunes. How do I initiate a wireless sync from my iPhone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, iTunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:27 PM

Have you tried the following (while the iPhone is on the same WiFi network as the iMac, and the iMac is turned on):

• Settings > General > iTunes WiFi Sync > Sync Now; or
  • Plug the iPhone in to a charger

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync your device over a Wi-Fi network

7 replies

May 26, 2015 10:35 PM in response to sberman

iPhone is plugged into a charger, and I attempt to sync, but there is no "Sync Now" option. Instead, I'm told to use a cable to enable wireless syncs in iTunes. But, I already did that and am able to wirelessly sync when I initiate it from iTunes. Still cannot initiate the wireless sync from the iPhone. What do I need to do to get the "Sync Now" option on the iPhone after I enabled wireless syncs in iTunes?

May 26, 2015 11:10 PM in response to sassywpl

I am having exactly this same issue. I'm an experienced iphone/mac user and support several friends and family members. This happened after a recent upgrade to an iphone 6. I set it up by restoring an iphone 5s backup. Normally, you can wifi sync from the iphone as long as you are on the wifi network with your mac. My iphone now shows me no option to initiate the sync. It acts as if it isn't set up yet but itunes shows the checkbox there and if I initiate the sync from itunes, it works but the iphone still shows the screen below when I check the settings.

User uploaded file

Does 8.3 allow the user to initiate a wifi sync from the mobile device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.