Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 photos app

After installing 8.3 on my iPad Air it crashed randomly. After re-installing 8.3 my iPad is stable for now. Strangely it became gradually more stable without me doing anything besides resetting the iPad. The only app that is still not working properly is Photos. I cannot save photos from Mail, I cannot send photos from the Photos app via Mail or iMessage and the Photos app does not connect with iCloud. In settings everything is on. Tried everything without success. I don't wanna re-install 8.3 again. What can I do? Just wait for 8.4? Help!

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, 128 Gb

Posted on May 27, 2015 1:18 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 4:01 AM in response to Henkkuiperint

I cannot save photos from Mail, I cannot send photos from the Photos app via Mail or iMessage and the Photos app does not connect with iCloud.

How are you trying to save photos from Mail and what happens when you try?

Photos app does not connect with iCloud

Are you using a cellular connection or Wi-Fi?

Which iCloud service does not work? iCloud Photo Library or My Photo Stream?

May 27, 2015 4:41 AM in response to Henkkuiperint

I choose save photo. I suppose it should be saved in the Photos app, but it doesn't show up.

That should work. But for my large library it takes usually at least ten minutes for the saved photo to appear in the Photos.app.

When I save the photo I will find it in the "Albums" view, at the bottom of the "All Photos" album, after having a cup of coffee. Have you looked into this album?

I'm using wifi and turned on Photo library and My Photo stream. I had my photo streamed turned of for a while but it doesn't make any difference.

"My Photo Stream" is not visible on your iPad, if iCloud Photo Library has been enabled. The photo stream photos will automatically be imported and appear in the appropriate moments. Have you searched for Photo Stream photos by place or date?

May 27, 2015 6:36 AM in response to Henkkuiperint

Photostream is still visible, even after enabling iCloud Photo Library.

Where are you seeing the Photo Stream? You should only be seeing the Shared Albums in the "Shared" section, and perhaps some monthly albums "May 2015 Photo Stream" or similar in the Albums tab. This monthly albums are not the photo stream. The Photos for Mac app has created these albums from the iPhoto Photo Stream events, when it upgraded an iPhoto Library to Photos for Mac.

Search doesn't work. If I try the Photos app freezes.

WIerd isn't it?

That is indeed weird. The problem is, that it is not possible to reinstall Photos without reinstalling iOS 3, because Photos is a part of iOS 3.

May 27, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Henkkuiperint

I see Photostream in Settings.

You have to enable My Photo Stream in Settings, but you will not see a separate album for My Photo Stream in the Shared section, if iCloud Photo Library is active. Streamed photos will appear within the moments or the "All Photos" album. In iOS 8 it is not possible to tell, which photos are in My Photo Stream . They are mixed in with the other photos in the library.

iOS 8.3 photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.