Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 2nd gen won't conect to Itunes

tryed to "reset" the ipod I recieved from a friend, nad now all I get is the conect to Itunes icon. I tryed running the battery down with no luck. Also when I plug the ipod in to the computer, I hear the tone that it is pluged in but it is not showing up on the desktop or in itunes. I have watched several videos obout pressing the home button before pluging it in with no positive results. The hard reset also did not work. Can anyone assist with getting ths thing to function properly?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:53 AM

Is it an iPod Touch or an iPad ? As you say that it's on iOS 8.3 I assuming that it's an iPad (and this is the Using iPad forum), a 2nd gen iPod Touch only supports up to iOS 4.2.1

An iPad isn't designed to mount as a drive, unless there are photos on it to copy off in which case it will be treated as a camera - when a device is disabled or in recovery mode it won't mount as a drive.

If it's not being recognised by your computer's iTunes then your iTunes, and your computer's OS, are up-to-date ? You could see if the following troubleshooting pages help :

PC : iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Mac : If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 12:53 AM in response to T_Rigger

Is it an iPod Touch or an iPad ? As you say that it's on iOS 8.3 I assuming that it's an iPad (and this is the Using iPad forum), a 2nd gen iPod Touch only supports up to iOS 4.2.1

An iPad isn't designed to mount as a drive, unless there are photos on it to copy off in which case it will be treated as a camera - when a device is disabled or in recovery mode it won't mount as a drive.

If it's not being recognised by your computer's iTunes then your iTunes, and your computer's OS, are up-to-date ? You could see if the following troubleshooting pages help :

PC : iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Mac : If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

ipod touch 2nd gen won't conect to Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.