Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is My Photo Stream on my Mac empty?

Photos that I took on my iPhone or iPad used to automatically find their way onto the other device and also onto my Mac via "My Photo Stream" - this was just what I wanted.

Since upgrading to iOS 8.3 on the iPhone and iPad and/or upgrading to 10.10.3 on my Mac the iPhone and iPad are still exchanging photos but this seems to have stopped working on my Mac. I only noticed today that no photos have downloaded to the Mac since April 16th. I don't believe I have changed anything but I noticed my Mac seemed to be trying to use this new "iCloud Photo Library" scam to make Apple more money, and I don't really understand it so I have disabled that.

However, the "My Photo Stream" album, in Albums within the Photos app is empty. In System Preferences -> iCloud -> Photos -> Options I have only "My Photo Stream" ticked.

I've read quite a lot of posts from people unhappy about the way Apple seem to have revamped photo storage, I'm joining that group. I just want it to work the way it used to. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

Suds

Posted on May 27, 2015 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:09 PM

Disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in Photos' iCloud preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively. See if that will jump start Photo Stream on the Mac.

User uploaded file

2 replies

May 28, 2015 2:15 AM in response to Old Toad

@Old Toad - Thank you for the reply. My iCloud preferences look slightly different to the one you snapshotted - I have no "Photo Stream" control but similar options are within my "Photos" control so I just applied your steps to those and that seems to have fixed it - My Photo Stream is populated again and all my recent photos have downloaded to my Mac.

Thanks once again, much appreciated :-)

- jarsudsco

Why is My Photo Stream on my Mac empty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.