Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem Final Cut Pro x

Hello , I have the last version of Final Cut Pro x. When I have finished my video editing , I Go In the files menu, "share ", "export file", a window open itself , I click on " next " until obtain "save as window " and now here comes my problem : i can see my external hdd but I cannot dévelop to choose an existing folder . i only can record it In the root. And it is the same with a folder created on my desktop .

Is There someone who could Help me?

thanks

for information, I have Yosemite , the last version

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 4:22 AM

9 replies

May 27, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Russ H

hello,

thanks for your response. Yes I can save my export file on the root directory of my external hdd ; then in this hdd, I can create a folder from finder and drag and drop my file in another folder which is in my external hdd; but it is not the better solution. I should be able to do it from Final Cut directly, in the folder desired.

May 27, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I do think the problem here is what you suggested already. The external HDD is formatted exFAT.

Lolo,

Final Cut Pro X (and Photos and any other software that works with libraries) can only write libraries to an Apple HFS formatted disk. This is so because the libraries use versioning/journaling of the filesystem.

Solutions:

1) Reformat your external HDD to HFS Journaled (it cannot be accessed from non Mac then, unless you buy extra software)

2) Create a sparse disk image on the HDD using the Disk Utility, and then mount that disk image. See this link: http://www.it-guy.com/2015/01/archiving-projects-final-cut-pro-10-1-4/

Hope that helps,

Stangg

problem Final Cut Pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.