Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need clarification Airtel 4G support in iphone 5?

I bought iphone 5 in US. Can you please confirm iphone 5 support LTE in airtel network our Chennai locality? I am unable to get the LTE signal in my mobile.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2017 4:14 AM

RESOLVED

I had same issue and everyone kept saying same thing "iPhone 5 doesn't support 4G"

I had to upgrade my sim to AIRTEL 4G(128K). After facing few issues, figured out to make it work.

Follow the below steps,

1) Make sure the Airtel 4G SIM is activated and working before inserting into iPhone 5.

I used my another Android Phone to activate the SIM first. SIM has to be ready to make calls and use Mobile Data.

2) WiFi Connection Needed. After inserting activated SIM, it will prompt you to connect to WiFi, so make sure you have a Internet WiFi connectivity and working.

Once you connect to the internet, it will ask you to enter the Apple ID and password. Enter your Apple ID and Password and you should be ready to go.

After few minutes, you will be able to use the AIRTEL 4G services with iPhone 5.

I have only tested this with Airtel 4G Carrier and iPhone 5.

🙂 🙂 🙂

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2017 4:14 AM in response to yourspress

RESOLVED

I had same issue and everyone kept saying same thing "iPhone 5 doesn't support 4G"

I had to upgrade my sim to AIRTEL 4G(128K). After facing few issues, figured out to make it work.

Follow the below steps,

1) Make sure the Airtel 4G SIM is activated and working before inserting into iPhone 5.

I used my another Android Phone to activate the SIM first. SIM has to be ready to make calls and use Mobile Data.

2) WiFi Connection Needed. After inserting activated SIM, it will prompt you to connect to WiFi, so make sure you have a Internet WiFi connectivity and working.

Once you connect to the internet, it will ask you to enter the Apple ID and password. Enter your Apple ID and Password and you should be ready to go.

After few minutes, you will be able to use the AIRTEL 4G services with iPhone 5.

I have only tested this with Airtel 4G Carrier and iPhone 5.

🙂 🙂 🙂

Jul 3, 2017 3:58 AM in response to sanjaynambiar

Hi, this article is useful. I have iphone 5 - A1428. Can this device support Idea / Vodafone 4G services in India ? Initially i was using the services from Airtel and since Airtel is not supporting the 4G services with this model i switched my network to Idea but even here i am getting the same problem. Is there any settings where i need to change to get the services of Idea 4G ?

Apr 17, 2016 10:01 PM in response to RJJ Reny

Hi All,

Airtel does not support 4G on iPhone 5s. I just got off their customer service. They only support iPhone 6 and above. They are very cheeky that way. I used to get LTE (4G) on my US purchased officially unlocked iPhone 5s till 2 months back. Then I started to get only 3G. So they said, well you don't have the right SIM that supports 4G. I changed the SIM. Then Airtel says that my iPhone 5s does not support 4G. The truth is that their network does not support the iPhone 5s that was purchased, officially unlocked, in the US, as is mine.

Check the link below. Apparently an iPhone 5s with the number A1533 on the back is a US iPhone 5s (unlocked). That will not work on Airtel's network to provide 4G. Only those that have numbers A1530 and A1529 which are sold through Airtel are supported. These support the 2300 Mhz frequency that is Airtel's standard for 4G. However other countries have implemented 4G on 1800 Mhz. Airtel will tell you nothing when they sell you the 4G plan. Even their customer service is unaware of all the nuances of (in)compatibility. After they got you by saying that 3G/4G are the same, you will realize that they don't really support your phone after several service calls. Only iPhones purchased through Airtel.

http://www.iservice.co.in/is-your-iphone-5s-or-5c-compatible-with-reliance-airte l-4g/

Need clarification Airtel 4G support in iphone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.