Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete all Time Capsule Data from an iPad?

In short. My mac blew up so I cant access Time Machine to delete all the data stored on my time Capsule. I have the Airport Utility app on my ipad, but I can only seem to reset factory settings, not wipe the disk! Any assistance is appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:56 AM

If the Time Capsule stored Time Machine backups for your Mac....and you plan to repair the Mac or buy a new Mac....you can use the backups to make your new Mac look just line your old Mac.

If you don't plan to do this, or you don't need any of the data on the Time Capsule drive, then you can erase the Time Capsule drive.

But, you will have to do this from a Mac or PC running AirPort Utility. It is not possible to erase the disk from AirPort Utility on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 6:56 AM in response to dpg3509

If the Time Capsule stored Time Machine backups for your Mac....and you plan to repair the Mac or buy a new Mac....you can use the backups to make your new Mac look just line your old Mac.

If you don't plan to do this, or you don't need any of the data on the Time Capsule drive, then you can erase the Time Capsule drive.

But, you will have to do this from a Mac or PC running AirPort Utility. It is not possible to erase the disk from AirPort Utility on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

How can I delete all Time Capsule Data from an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.