Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problem

Hi,

my name is Kapoor, I just purchase the new 4s 2 weeks ago but m shocked about the battery backup, its not giving even 2 hours or battery backup, I am really not believe these kind of product for big brand like apple, because this is my first experience with apple. and if any customer is facing problem in first time then there is no benefit to purchase these kind of brand. I hope you can understand my problem. looking for your revert soon.

Regards

Kamal Kapoor

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:11 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 7:37 AM in response to kkapoor979

Hi Kapoor,

The iPhone 4S isn't new anymore. I believe 5 new iPhones have come out since then. In fact, I don't even think Apple sells the 4S new anymore. Is the phone used or did you buy it factory refurbished from Apple or a certified seller? If you bought it refurbished from Apple, the battery would have been replaced and you would also have a 1 year warranty, I believe. If you bought it from a third party seller, such as from someone on eBay, you can contact the seller and more than likely get your money back. If you bought it from a friend or someone you knew, there's always the chance that you might get a product that isn't up to par. I'm always wary of buying used electronics for this reason. Sometimes people try to sell things when there is something wrong with the product and they don't tell the buyer about it.

I wouldn't blame the phone. Anything that is used can't expected to be just like brand new. I've never come across a defective Apple product in my lifetime. Apple is a great brand and you shouldn't base your prejudice off one product. I swear, all Apple products are good.

Another option is replacing the battery. You could send it to Apple or have a certified person do so.

I hope your issue is resolved. 🙂

Battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.