Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - old photo a

I Have had an unusual problem since last updating iOS.

on my PC I used to have folders named "HTC dump" and "Sony Dump". I used to sync these with my iPad so I could see them on there.

approx 4/5 weeks ago I rearranged all my photos and folders so "HTC dump" and "Sony dump" folders no longer exist and the photos are in different folders with different names eg "2014" and "2015"

then hen there was no problem. Since I have updated the iOS in my photos on the iPad it has created albums called "HTC dump" and "Sony dump". I cannon delete them (it's greyed out with no option to). Similarly I cannon remove any photos from the albums. The photos in the album are random and not what was in those albums previously.

WWhen syncing photos through iTunes, those folders are not even an option, they are even deleted from my computer. I still select my new folders, "2014" and "2015" and they still appear on iPad as normal.

HOw can I remove these albums that are appearing unwarranted?

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:29 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 5:44 AM in response to Christopher.bell300

Did you try removing all synced photos by deselecting the sync photos option and then follow that with a sync? If that works, select the photos that you do want to sync back to the iPad and follow that with a sync.

This is really interesting, because there is another somewhat similar discussion that I am participating in where the OP has a very similar issue. There has been no fix to the OP's issue, but take a look at this anyway.

Deleting photos from iPad

Photos - old photo a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.