Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this spam?

I've never received this before.

Though Apple normally notifies me of things via email, someone instead emailed my phone number saying this:

Dear (my full name),

Your Apple ID (my email) was signed in iMessage on Dan 's iPhone.

Device: iPhone 5c

IP address:17.172.224.47

If you believe an unauthorized person accessed your account, please sign in and manage your account immediately by going to http : // icloud - imessage .com/ info/ us/ page? token = e60dc18f -1

Thanks

Apple Support

I searched and didn't find anyone else with this exact email. I changed my password anyway via iTunes, but is this legit?

Thanks!

<Link Edited by Host>

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:43 AM

22 replies

May 27, 2015 11:02 AM in response to apple_help007

The link Apple would have supplied would have been for applied.apple.com

All of the automated messages I've ever received because of enabling/disabling find my iPhone or adding a new device to my iCloud account and so on, have always indicated they were automated messages so do not reply, the were always signed "Apple Customer Support".

Regardless, its a good habit to get into to simply NEVER click on any link in any email. Instead, open your browser and go directly to the web site you need (note, that is not at all necessarily the one indicated in the email - think first, and then go to the site you know about to verify your account or information, don't just assume you want or need to go to the site indicated). Anything to do with checking your credentials or changing your password with Apple will be appleid.apple.com.

Is this spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.