Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having to include area code when making local calls

Beginning just this morning I've had to include the area code when making local calls. I have a iPhone 6 Plus and use Verizon cell service. My husband call make local calls without including the area code. Help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:30 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 7:22 AM in response to pegster1128

Many areas now require 10-digit dialing. The area in which I live has required it for years. It's a good idea to always store your contacts with full area code/number, both in the event your localtiy switches to 10-digit dialing and so that, if your out of your area code, you don't have problems dialing numbers. You don't need to dial a 1 on cell phones for calls outside of your area code.

having to include area code when making local calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.