Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

for the love of all that is holy please help me

I have tried a dozen different things... I set my restrictions passcode and now it won't let me back in. I am SURE I know what I set it as but it keeps saying incorrect... can anyone give me a simple solution to recover the restrictions password?

I have tried doing a sync and an update and backup in iTunes... it just keeps saying there is not enough available space... THAT'S WHY I WANT THE STUPID PASSCODE... so I can delete stuff... ahhhh gad its driving me mental.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:43 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Binxcat1

omg I think I worked it out! I am not 100% sure what I did this time but it finally worked.

OK so you need to power off... hold the power button down until the slider appears and slide to off.
Now hook up to iTunes... hold the power and home buttons down for ages... count to 30... the itunes icon and the cord icon appear... then it asked if I wanted to restore or something and the went into recovery and then it just went back to factory settings... and let me set up again "as a new iPod" (i didn't restore from itunes or icloud... i said from new).
I am sorry I can't be any more help... I tried this like 6 times before it actually worked so just be persistent I guess????

May 27, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Binxcat1

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

for the love of all that is holy please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.