Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX- Network Deliverables

Can anyone advise us. We are required to submit a network deliverable in an MXF container which we are not well versed in.

We are using FCPX ver 10.2 and Compressor 4.2

The network requires the following:

XDCAM HD 422 1080i60

Container: MXF

Video coding: MPEG-2 422@HL Bit Depth: 8

Color Sampling: 4:2:2 Frame Size: 1920x1080 Frame rate: 29.97i

Video Bit Rate: 50 Mb/s (CBR)

Audio Coding: PCM 2 ch/16 bit/48kHz Broadcast audio: Stereo Ch 1 & 2

Anyone that can help us is greatly appreciated.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 6:44 AM

10 replies

May 27, 2015 7:13 AM in response to ZMcamera

I just did a simple search for the term and came up with everything I'd need to deliver a MXF package. It's not a spooky new codec, just a wrapper/packaging system for conventional files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_Exchange_Format

How to use Pro Video Formats and MXF with Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor - Apple Support

http://www.pro-mpeg.org/pages/main.php?page=0002

However, whatever you end up doing or purchasing, you should contact your "network" and ask to talk to the quality control engineer or intern responsible for acceptance of incoming video projects. They will have some more specific assistance fore. Well, they should. They may not. IN that case, just keep drilling down through google's suggestions.

MXF is an acronym for for Material Exchange Format. The MXF file format was designed by the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.
Files that contain the .mxf file extension are often referred to as the digital equivalent of video tape. These files contain video and audio data as well as other data bitstreams. They can be used in video recorders, cameras and on computers.
The MXF file format is a container format and MXF files can be converted into other video formats when needed. However, the proper video codec must be present in order to play the video that is contained in the MXF container file.MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format which supports a number of different streams of coded "
essence", encoded in any of a variety of video and audio compression formats, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file.

MXF has been designed to address a number of problems with non-professional formats. MXF has full timecode and metadata support, and is intended as a platform-agnostic stable standard for future professional video and audio applications.

MXF was developed to carry a subset of the Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) data model, under a policy known as the Zero Divergence Directive (ZDD). This theoretically enables MXF/AAF workflows between non-linear editing (NLE) systems using AAF and cameras, servers, and other devices using MXF.

FCPX- Network Deliverables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.