Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete 2 recurring Trojans?

Recently cleaned my MacBook Air, and started using ClamXav. I had a few infected files (email attachments) that were easily deleted. However, two files keep reappearing after each iPad backup (win.trojan.injector-13319; win.trojan.upatre-809). As recommended in forums, I did not delete anything directly from ClamXav, but from their Finder location (the two Trojans mentioned, I can find in iPad backup, seems related to TextEdit - which I don't really use; deleted all .txt files too).

I can delete those 2 Trojans. Run ClamXav, not there. But when I back up the iPad, they are back.

Suggestions?

Thank You

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2, MacBook Air, Mini

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:42 AM

"ClamXav" has its own user forum. That's where you should go with any questions about it. It's probably throwing a false positive. Regardless, Windows malware can't affect you directly unless you run Windows.

4 replies

May 27, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Evan2

I've done some preliminary checking on this for you and can pass that on in the ClamXav Forum.

Please provide detailed infomation on what ClamXav has found, after completing the scan by clicking in the top pane of the ClamXav window where it shows the Infection / File Name / Status to make sure it's in front and type the key combinations <Command>-A, <Command>-C (or choose "Select-All", "Copy" from the "Edit" menu) to copy the information to your clipboard, then come back here and type <Command>-V or choose "Paste" to show us what was found where.

How to delete 2 recurring Trojans?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.