Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPod touch

I recently found my old iPod touch which I hadn't used for around 4 years or so. However the old email ('ntlworld") is no longer valid and so when I try to download to my mac I can't sign into ITUNES using the iPod device, the mac does recognise the iPod but won't let me transfer and I think it is because of the old email address etc? Anyone got any help ides to help me transfer music and photos from the iPod to the mac?

iPod touch, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:23 AM

4 replies

May 27, 2015 7:43 AM in response to wilky61

The functionality of the email account is in no way related to the functionality of iTunes or the Apple Id its associated with.

Unless the Photos on the iPod were taken with it, or created on it, and not synced form a computer, they cannot be directly transferred out.

As for Music, syncing is generally on way. From iTunes on a computer to the device, and you cannot transfer it out of the iPod directly.

If the Music on the iPod was purchased from the iTunes Store, you may be able to transfer those purchases onto iTunes on a computer.

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

For everything else you will need a third party App such as iExplorer to get it out of the iPod.

Also I would suggest updating the email address of the Apple ID here:

http://appleid.apple.com

Old iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.