Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The effective power vulnerability caused my phone to respring after showing the lockscreen page

so basically the bug caused me my phone. it resprings every time after showing the lock screen so i can't do anything to my phone. any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:27 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 8:26 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Well, I certainly trust Thomas on security. I haven't gotten a message yet, so I can't try any of the fixes. However, I've seen several posts from people who fixed it by sending themselves several texts. The vulnerability is in the banner display of texts, so once the offending text scrolls off the problem should go away. I suspect the people who have problems have been sent the message several times, and until that queue is cleared the problem can't be resolved.

May 28, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Jxrm

in the short time that the phone turns on. Slide up and turn on airplane mode. It might take a few times especially if it keeps restarting but once it doesn't, go into whoever sent you them and once you're in the conversation with them turn airplane mode off. Then let the texts come through. When they stop you can continue using your phone. Or if you think they'll do it again click on the details and turn on "do not disturb" this will turn off notificatoons for this user and they can't cause your phone to crash again

The effective power vulnerability caused my phone to respring after showing the lockscreen page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.