Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen resolution messed up when upgrading to latest Macbook Air

I have a macbook air 13' from 2013.

User uploaded file

I just bought the same model, only newer.

User uploaded file

I backup up everything on an external hard drive via time machine on the old mac, then used migration assistant to copy files and configuration to the new mac.

Of course both machines were updated to the latest Yosemite 10.10.3, as Apple suggested.

Things seemed to work smoothly, with a correct copy of everything.

Alas, no. I have an external monitor, which is perfectly recognized on the old mac, correct model and resolution:

User uploaded file

But on the new mac, same exact model, just a tiny difference (Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB, instead of Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB), the screen is not recognized at all and the resolution is all messed up.

User uploaded file

Been on this for hours.

• I tried SwitchResX, didn't help.
  • I tried using both the official Apple VGA adapter and a third-party. Same results.
  • I tried pressing the
    alt
    key while choosing
    scaled
    on the display preference pane to force 1920x1080, it works, but the x-axis is all stretched smaller and moved about 400px to the right.
  • I tried changing the res via command line, didn't help.
  • I tried looking for mac drivers for BenqT220HDA, they don't seem to exist as a separate file.
  • I tried flashing the NVRAM etc. Multiple times. Didn't help.

Ideas?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:42 AM

There are no replies.

Screen resolution messed up when upgrading to latest Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.