Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Windows 10 run on Boot Camp?

Has anyone installed Windows 10 yet? Has Apple made any announcements regarding support for Windows 10?

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), Bootcamp 5.1 and Windows 8

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:27 AM

There is no official statement from Apple. You may want to keep an eye on System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support. You can install W8+ and then upgrade to W10 and test.

3 replies

May 28, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Heruthema

Im also very interested in knowing this. I was just on the verge to buy a new 15 MBP but are gonna wait until Apple states makes an official statement regarding future bootcamp compatibility. Frankly I find it quite lame that they havent made an statement yet...I mean, their machines are not exactly cheap. With gear this expensive it should be quite obvious that their customers wanna have this kind of information.

Aug 9, 2015 3:58 AM in response to Heruthema

Hi I have just finished installing Windows 10 on a 13" Mac book pro, June 2014 model. This was a new (refurbed) unit bought from Apple Australia, I loaded Win 7 Pro (had OE disc), then waited for the down load of W10. At first I had no wireless/Ethernet or blue tooth drivers, so I took the option to reinstall,there were options, either to revert back yo Win 7 within 1 month, or reinstall Win 10, and loose the option to revert back to Win 7. I chose to reinstall, as this was a "new" machine, and I had Win7 Pro disc and bootcamp files on an external HD, so apart from a little time waiting for the reinstall, I had nothing to loose, and it worked, all the drivers now function correctly., This is the first of three Macs I plan to install Win 10 on, should have been the easiest as it was virtually a clean install.

Will Windows 10 run on Boot Camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.