Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VNC type connection to Apple TV

Hi

I fear that this may not be possible but it is worth a shot. My issue is a somewhat unusual so I have added a bit of context to explain:

I have an Apple TV unit that is hooked up to a flat screen TV in our lobby area. The unit is working great and showing images from our MacBook Pro.

I now need to produce a user guide for our staff, illustrating how to modify the Apple TV unit, change the images etc.

This in itself is not a problem, but I need to take some photographs to illustrate the sequences involved and when you go to photograph a flat screen TV, that is showing a black screen with white writing, reflection becomes a huge issue. You end up seeing more of the person taking the photograph than the text on the TV, that you are trying to show in your guide.

So, can anyone think of a way to use a PC / Mac to view the output from an Apple TV unit. (The TV is not WiFi enabled)

As I write this I am pondering perhaps an HDMI splitter but I can't quite see how that would work out.

If anyone has any ideas, before I get any more splinters from scratching my head.

Many thanks

Martin

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Cloning Config Profiles

Posted on May 27, 2015 8:09 AM

2 replies

VNC type connection to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.