Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

effective power text

So i got sent this text from one of my friends last night about twenty something times because she thought it was funny, and everything was fine last night minus the fact that my phone kept restarting.

This morning i woke up and my phone was completely broken and the screen was pitch black and i was unable to do anything. I knew it was powered on, however, because when i moved the little sound button switch it would vibrate and i was able to plug it in and it made the typical plugged in sound.

About 3 hours later it finally just lit up again and the screen is back to normal and im just wondering what happened to it and how do i prevent getting this message anymore and what exactly the message can do?

I nearly had a heart attack, plus i am known to have "demonized" phones lol so that didnt help out that theory either.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:30 AM

3 replies

May 27, 2015 9:36 PM in response to effyfisher

Here is the fix, the problem is that the period with an arabic letter appearing on the home screen or lock screen makes the iphone glitch. Here is what you need to do: go to settings--> Notifications--> messages--> under the "alert style when unlocked" tab choose none. You sill still feel the vibration when you get a message, but nobody will be able to glitch you. Hope this helps.

Source: I program in java, C++, and AppleScript, and this is a common fault line in code that also will make your phone crashed if recieved via whatsapp

May 28, 2015 4:29 AM in response to effyfisher

So, for the last two days now I have been trying to solve this phenomenon. I have had this bug affect me in many ways and I have been using different forums as well as my own solutions and finally stopped the effect it had on my phone.

To start I thought this was an innocent game to play until I started to notice my phone would crash every time I swiped down to use my notification center. Than it turned into my phone not being able to open the messages app.

But the one thing that took me the longest is that not only does the messages app affect your phone, some social networking apps do as well, for me twitter was the culprit.

The fix; if you receive the text simply reply to that conversation, if you can not access the messages directly ask siri to reply to last message, reply to unread messages, or if you know who sent it reply to "......".

If you are the sender simply have that person send a message back to you. you can also do this by sending messages from third party apps by sharing whatever it is you want to send or sending through photos etc.

to prevent the bug from affecting you in the future turn off the notifications for your messages app including changing the alert style to none, this is where it gives the option for banner or alert style notification.

As far as the notification center issue this took a while to fix.

Now the tricky part is that because I don't have what's app or any of those other fun messaging apps, I thought this (messages app) could be the only cause of the bug to make my phone crash. Until I was going through my twitter feed and saw that 'evil' text in there. So I simply went through my notification center through settings and turned off all notifications for all apps, and one by one turned them on and swiped to see notification center to see which app was causing the problem. TWITTER. so long story short be aware of what apps may be affecting you it may not always be the one you most expect.

By simply leaving that notification off my phone was back to normal.

For those who have had problems getting passed lock screen with out your phone crashing, try remotely changing or deleting apps through your iTunes on your computer. For example, twitter, if I had gone on my laptop and deleted the app through iTunes, no notifications should exist at that point which should allow me access back into my phone.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problems.

effective power text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.