Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari has frozen white screen and can't click anything...

So I have an Ipod Touch version 6.1.6 and for a long while now, when ever I attempt to open Safari, it will actually open, but the only thing I see is a white, blank screen.

I can't click on any of the buttons, or enter an address. It's as if it's frozen. Then to close it I have to hit the home button.

I have rebooted it by holding the specific buttons and so forth, but it still hasn't seemed to change. Does anyone have any suggestions they could kindly send this way? Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:11 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 9:50 AM in response to garrettb20

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. done

- Go to Settings>Safari and Clear Cookies, Data and History

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Safari has frozen white screen and can't click anything...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.