Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod was stolen...

I had purchased a 240 gig Ipod classic about two years ago. I purchased it because I have over 40,000 songs in my itunes account and wanted an ipod that could hold a large number of them. I had 17000 songs on it and it was stolen. I am going to hope the police find it and the fact that I had it engraved will allow it to be returned to me. But the reality is since there is no way to track these types of ipods I will likely never see it again.

What do I do now? It appears apple no longer sells the classic ipod. The nano only comes in 16 gig and I do not want an Ipod Touch. I have an iphone and do not want a device that is identical to my phone. I simply want a device that will house my music. A device large enough to carry a large amount of my music.

Is there any option for this? Any help would be great!

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:17 AM

12 replies

May 27, 2015 12:28 PM in response to AreJay0711

AreJay0711 wrote:

They did. I had it engraved by apple. This isnt helping me though so thanks anyway.

No they did not.

If - and I repeat if, you did have a 240GB iPod Classic, then it was a conversion by someone other than Apple, so go back to that person.

Otherwise, your options are as follows:

1. As ChrisJ has suggested, try Amazon, or even eBay
  2. Re-think the way you manage the music on your iPod. For example, create Smart Playlists that automatically remove and add songs (according to the rules you set) and use those Playlists to Sync to your iPod.
  3. Find an alternative brand of MP3 (audio) player that does have the capacity you need.

May 27, 2015 12:56 PM in response to AreJay0711

By the way...

If you had a 240GB iPod, then pointing out to you that Apple didn't make it should have reminded you that you purchased it from somewhere other than Apple and that someone else must have built it, thus highlighting the fact that maybe, just maybe, if you contact that person, they might still be making them. Then, you could buy another, from that person.

So my information was helpful.

Since Apple did not make a 240GB iPod, they no longer produce the large one they did make (160GB was the largest), you don't want a Touch (which is only 64GB) or a nano, nor do you want a phone (the iPhone does come in 128GB, but you could have found that out by checking the store), then what precisely do you expect anyone here to say?

May 27, 2015 1:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have to apologize. I had it in my head that it was 240 gig but I was wrong. I looked up my old purchases and it was in fact a 160 gig. But from what I can see there is nothing that can be done unless I want to pay a ridiculous mark up since apple has decided to not make these anymore. I hope they decide to one day offer these again. Some of us just want a simple music playing ipod that can hold a large amount of music. I am not always able to sync and having everything in one place is preferred. Thanks again everyone.

May 27, 2015 3:05 PM in response to AreJay0711

I can understand your frustration. I passed on my 160GB Classic to my son. He loved using it with an FM transmitter in his car. One night, 3 juveniles broke into the car and stole it. While they were eventually captured, charged and adjudicated, the iPod was never recovered. They were ordered to pay restitution, but, you got it, it happened after the end of production. Since it was used, he did not receive current value for the device, so he was never able to replace it. That device was my first adventure into Apple products, and I've been drawn in further ever since.

May 27, 2015 3:11 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I guess I was hoping someone would know a resource or a store that was still selling them. The frustration of losing that ipod was what spurred me to make this post. I will simply hope that apple releases an ipod with more memory some day. I will not buy one with a smaller memory size. Thanks again all!

My Ipod was stolen...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.