Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers App (v3.5.3) Freezes on MacBook Air

I just started having problems today with the Numbers App (version 3.5.5 2150) on my MacBook Air (5.1, 4Gb memory, OSX Yosemite 10.10.3). I open it, select a template or existing document, and within a minute or so it lockups - 'Spinning Wheel of Death'. Maybe I have Mail or Google or Safari running in the background, but nothing else. I have rebooted, deleted the app and rebooted then reloaded it - twice. Nothing seems to be helping. Does not matter which file I am in or if its a new file, give it a minute and it locks up. Sometimes I'm inserting data, other times I'm not touching the keyboard and it locks up, all within a couple of minutes of starting the app. Activity monitor states that Numbers is not responding. Any ideas? Currently accessing the my files using my iPad which is OK for a quick update of data, but not for long periods of time. Thanks!!!

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 5:52 PM

Numbers runs fine on my MacBook Air.

You might try signing into a different user account on the same machine. If Numbers runs well on that account, then there may be some problem with your preferences files in your main user account.

SG

2 replies

May 29, 2015 8:35 AM in response to SGIII

I'm working with the Apple Support & iWorks engineers. Your idea about trying a different user account was dead on. No problems under different accounts. We have discovered that this is also connected to the iCloud as it effects my iWorks suite, and also 'hangs' (spinning wheel o' death) in System Preferences when I try to access iCloud or Internet Accounts. Preview locks up occasionally when trying to view screenshots. Will keep the group informed as to what we find. I just know when I break something, I break it good! 🙂

Numbers App (v3.5.3) Freezes on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.