Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was just informed I need a new motherboard for my MacBook Pro 15". A1286. This is a late 2010 purchased in Feb 2011. I am in Mexico so I need to order from the states. Have family coming down in 2 weeks. Suggestions as to where to order anew one?

Was just informed that I need to replace the motherboard on my MacBook Pro, late 2010, A1286. I need to purchase it in the states as I am in Mexico so family can transport it in a couple of weeks. I am not savvy enough to know who to purchase from, on line. It looks like most of them are used. Any assistance would be marvelous. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:37 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 12:52 PM in response to B Gray

You can check iFixIt. Or you can search on Google, Amazon, or eBay for that specific motherboard. Most will be used because Apple no longer makes new ones that might find their way into the gray market.

Given the age of the computer coupled with the risk of getting a used board that may not work properly, I would suggest you just buy a new computer.

Was just informed I need a new motherboard for my MacBook Pro 15". A1286. This is a late 2010 purchased in Feb 2011. I am in Mexico so I need to order from the states. Have family coming down in 2 weeks. Suggestions as to where to order anew one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.