Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i message contacts in red

all of a sudden my I message contacts are red- saying they are not registered...

I also get a message saying my contacts cel phone # is not registered with i message.

This was never the cases…. and I can not even send messages to myself…

my e mails etc.. EVERYBODY CAN NOT BE NOT REGISTERED WITH I MESSAGE

PERHAPS IT IS MY SETTINGS ??

HELP

macbook pro retina

running 10.8.5

Macbook Pro

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:55 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Sanman3200

Hi,

It may not be on your computer, it may be the server end.

That's not to say you should try to fix it.

Use or Create an Mac User account on your computer and set up Messages with the same Account details.

Does this work ?

If it does it will be some sort of file that the app accesses in your personal settings folders.

IF it does not work try a PRAM/NVRAM reset.

Hold down the ALT+CMD+P+R keys when doing a Restart of the computer.

Hold them down until you have heard three Start up Bongs then let the start Up continue.

Did this help ?

If not try a Safe Boot

This does have some limited functions but you should be able to Log in to your Mac user Account and use Messages.

Does this work ?

If not use the Finder's GO Menu whilst holding down the ALT key and select the Library that appears.

Navigate to Preferences

Find com.apple.ichat.plist and com.apple.imagent.plist and drag them to the Trash

Restart the app.

Does this help ?

After this you would need to look at the Keychain but I will wait for answers on the above

User uploaded file

9:10 pm Wednesday; May 27, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Jun 12, 2015 3:21 AM in response to Sanman3200

the same happened to me few days ago and I have just solved it.

What I did to make it work again was on my iPhone: Settings - Messages - Text Messages Forwarding - here I have selected My MacBook

On the Mac Book (in Messages) a code appeared that I had to type into the phone to allow this.

I closed that the app on the computer and when I opened it again it was working again.

I hope I could help you.

i message contacts in red

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.