Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn my iMovie project to DVD Used to be very easy can't find anything now...

How do I burn my iMovie project to DVD I am lost...

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:50 AM

21 replies

May 27, 2015 11:31 AM in response to help in newnan

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac? How do I get it and how do I install it?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

May 28, 2015 1:03 PM in response to help in newnan

I'm using Yosemite 10.10.3

iMovie 10.0.8

Seems to be a secret. But it is a three stage procedure.

!. After editing your movie in iMovie select SHARE at the (top of iMovie) and save it to DESKTOP to become a QT .mov file.

2.Convert .mov file to .M4v file. Open QT file and then select FILE >EXPORT>IPOD 2/APPLE TV> SAVE to desktop.

3. Now create a iDVD project and then simply drag the M4v file to the project's second box.

Note: Lots of memory and time required.

My 1080p 1.5 hour QT. mov file was 20GB and took 4hrs. (Clock appears as a circle at upper right)

The .M4v was compressed to 7GB took another 4 hrs.

The iMovie further compressed to less than 4GB and burned a great 1080p DVD in another 4 hrs.

Caution: Look at "project info" in iDVD to see what compression to use prior to burning.

How do I burn my iMovie project to DVD Used to be very easy can't find anything now...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.