Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i changed language from english to French, then back to english, but It is still typing in French.

I changed language setting from english to French, then back to english, but It is still typing in French. How do i get my iPad to type in english?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 10:54 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 11:33 AM in response to PuffinsRoost

Keyboard input language (which controls autocorrect) and Display language are different things.

If the keyboard is set to french, tap and hold on the Globe icon next to the space bar to bring up the language choices. Choose english instead of french.

User uploaded file

If there is no globe icon, or no english option, go to Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards->Add Keyboard->and select an english keyboard.

After that the Globe key will have the selected language choices.

User uploaded file

i changed language from english to French, then back to english, but It is still typing in French.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.