Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync audiobooks between devices?

I've purchased and downloaded an audiobook on my iPad through iTunes. It's not showing in iTunes on my Mac desktop nor my iPhone 6S. How can I utilize all my devices to share this one audiobook?

iMac, iOS 8.3, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:20 PM

Audiobooks can not be re-downloaded. Copy them from your iPad to your computer and sync from there to other devices. Make sure you always keep a backup.

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848 - only purchases from iTunes Store

2 replies

May 29, 2015 9:37 PM in response to Limnos

is there any alternative? read the link and am annoyed to see "However, all podcasts from your device's Podcasts app and copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer."

WHY?

Could iTunes not allow just selected files only to be transferred? Must be me - I only want certain items on different devices - not everything on everything?

aggravated.

How do I sync audiobooks between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.