Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband accidentally deleted

If Garageband was accidentally deleted, can I retrieve it? (backup was not attached.) The remaining file are still in the recycle bin but the Application is gone. I still have my startup disks. (I'm ordering a Time Capsule today!)

Processor 22.4 Ghz Intel Core, 4 GB, speed 1067 mHz DDR3, Capacity 249.72 GB, available: 221.46 GB, used: 22.26 GB on disk

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:34 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 12:47 PM in response to saly ivaskewitz's macbook pro

Did you ever run Time Machine? Even if the backup drive was not attached, may GarageBand in an older backup.

I still have my startup disks.

Check the second installer disk with the bundled applications. Are the iLife installers there for GarageBand , iPhoto, etc? Then try to reinstall from disk.

Is your profile signature still valid? Mac OS X (10.6.8)? Then you could install GarageBand 6.0.5. If your system installer disks have an older version, install that version, then try to update using the support page with the updates:

The 6.0.5 update is here: GarageBand 6.0.5

May 27, 2015 12:51 PM in response to saly ivaskewitz's macbook pro

You would have to re-install it from the iLife DVD if that was where it was from, unless

you had an older version that was included with the Mac and its original DVD install kit.

{Given your info says the computer is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, that's not likely to

be one of the versions available as download purchase for later OS X via App Store.}

Replacement (second-hand or new-old-stock) iLife DVD versions including iPhoto,

iMovie, and others, vary depending on the version number, and may be found online

at resellers such as Amazon, ebay, or perhaps some Apple centric resellers online.

•iLife: System requirements - Apple Support

System requirements for older versions of iLife

Anyway, hopefully you have an original install DVD for iLife, if not something similar

to the version you had installed. A backup (with an additional clone-copy on external

hard disk drive, etc) is always a good idea; not just a Time Machine setup.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

edited 2x

Garageband accidentally deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.