Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just downloaded a podcast and podcast doesnt appear on the sync list, so I cant sync. Any ideas

I have just downloaded a podcast from the BBC. I am now trying to sync this with my new i pod shuffle. The sync list doesn't show podcast as an option. Any ideas.

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:51 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Blackbeard Mcmonkey

Hello there, Blackbeard.

It sounds like you're trying to sync podcasts from iTunes to your iPod Shuffle but aren't seeing how. The following Knowledge Base article reviews the steps on how to accomplish just that:

iPod shuffle: Playing audiobooks and podcasts - Apple Support

Adding audiobooks and podcasts to iPod shuffle

The Autofill feature of iTunes will not add audiobooks and podcasts to any iPod model. They can be manually added by dragging them to the iPod shuffle in iTunes.

For iPod shuffle (3rd generation), you must enable Manually manage music in the Summary tab to drag songs to iPod shuffle. Additionally, you can automatically sync audiobooks using the Music tab and sync podcasts using the Podcasts tab in iTunes.

User uploaded file
iPod shuffle (3rd generation)

Additionally, the online iTunes Help Guide provides how to add content to your device manually here:

Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad - iTunes Help

Add items to your device manually

You can manually add music, movies, TV shows, apps, podcasts, and iTunes U lessons to your device. You can’t manually add photos, books, contacts, or other info.

1. Make sure your device is connected.

2. From anywhere in your iTunes library, begin dragging the items you want to add.

A pane with a list of connected devices appears on the left.

3. Drag the items to your device in the list until a blue border appears.

User uploaded file

The items are added to your device.

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

I have just downloaded a podcast and podcast doesnt appear on the sync list, so I cant sync. Any ideas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.