Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it bad to factory reset your device often?

I recently got an iPhone 6 4 days ago and for reasons I'd rather not explain I've already factory reset it 5 times. My main question is will this slow down my device and//or be detrimental later on. Mainly I want to know if it'll slow my device if I do it too many times. Or am I fine to continue doing this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:02 PM

When you mention factory reset, I'm guessing that you are actually referring to a factory restore? If that is the case, it really would not harm the device, as all you are doing is erasing data and putting the iOS back on it. So, for whatever reason you don't want to explain, the only thing that someone could say is bad is the time it takes to go through all of this and setting it up again. I would avoid restoring a backup multiple times though, since that can move and or corrupt backup data, which could lead to problems with the device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Cat0000000000000000

When you mention factory reset, I'm guessing that you are actually referring to a factory restore? If that is the case, it really would not harm the device, as all you are doing is erasing data and putting the iOS back on it. So, for whatever reason you don't want to explain, the only thing that someone could say is bad is the time it takes to go through all of this and setting it up again. I would avoid restoring a backup multiple times though, since that can move and or corrupt backup data, which could lead to problems with the device.

Is it bad to factory reset your device often?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.