Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync pdfs in iBooks across all Apple devices

Sync pdfs in iBooks across all Apple devices.

using iOS 8 on iPad, Macbook Pro & iMac.

I would like to be able to sync downloaded PDFs across all devices.

I have some PDFs on my iPad that I cannot access on my other computers.

Thanks in advance.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 27, 2015 11:52 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 1:46 PM in response to AaronKDC

The 'sync collections' setting (it's in Settings > iBooks on iOS devices) does not copy PDFs (nor iBooks) between devices and computers, all it does is if you have a PDF or book on a device or computer and you move it into a collection, then it will be moved into the same collection on your other devices/computers (if you have that setting enabled on them) - you have to copy/sync the PDF onto each computer/device that you want it on, it's not done via the cloud.

If you have them on your iPad, then connect it to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to that computer (that should copy PDFs and/or epubs that are in the iBooks app on the iPad, not just ibooks from the iBookstore) ; if that Mac is on Yosemite or Mavericks then do File > Move Books From iTunes in its iBooks app ; you can then sync them to any other iOS devices that you want them on, or copy them to other computers.

To copy the PDFs to other computers, after doing the above they should be stored under (the PDFs and books that are in my Mac's iBooks app are) :

/Users/username/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks

(replacing 'username' with your user account name on that Mac)

Sync pdfs in iBooks across all Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.