Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage crashing when i open it. Screen goes white and app closes

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3. Everytime I open the green messaging app the screen goes white and the app crashes. What do i do???

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:59 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 2:56 PM in response to pktwaran

This happened to me just this morning after received an iMessage. I was able to see what message caused this glitch to happen through my imessage's on my Mac. The message that was sent to me by an unknown sender said "Power" and arabic writing under it.

>Settings

>Messages

>Filter Unknown Senders

If that works then you will know you received a similar message. I tried receiving apple support but that was absolutely no help, they had me update my phone simply because they want everyone to update there phone, and they had me restart my phone at least a 5 times. This is a bit scary, I have had apple for years and never has one iMessage had the capability of complete blocking me from accessing my messages.

I hope this works.

iMessage crashing when i open it. Screen goes white and app closes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.