Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Safari favourite icons gone!

I upgraded to the latest safari 8.0.6 yesterday and now the list of favourites on the left of the browser has no icons next to the text description of the favourite, just a outline drawing of an open book, the same for all the sites.

I used to like the small icon for eBay and youtube etc etc to find them quicker in the list.

Is there a way of restoring them please?

Also, what is the tab with the spectacles supposed to represent?!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:26 AM

The tab is a reading list which allows you to save web pages and links for you to read later, even if you aren't connected to the Internet.

3rd party software that is basically a system hack. Find the uninstall instructions before installing.

SafariStand – adds favicons

3 replies

May 28, 2015 4:15 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric appreciate your help, so you need a 3rd party work round to get the icons back, it's just so basic a thing, compared to wirelessly syncing your photos when you're up a tree 500 miles from your computer and your friends can all share it in real time etc etc... I assumed it was a preference somewhere that I couldn't find. Geez I have always liked Apple but sometimes these days I wonder what this generation of software designers are smoking...

Thanks again

New Safari favourite icons gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.