Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to get the NOTES off a locked iPod?

I have forgotten my iPod passcode. I already know that in order to unlock my device, I have to back it up to the computer and then restore it. However, when I save a backup to the computer, it only seems to save my music and photos. I don't care about my music and photos - I already have those backed up to the computer without a problem. However, I do need my notes off the iPod.

I have a lot of important data saved in the notes of my iPod (really stupid, I know) and if I restore the iPod to unlock it, it seems this will be lost forever.

Is there any way for me to get the notes off the iPod touch, given that I've forgotten my passcode? I have a PC, but I have access to a Mac computer if this will help. However, my iTunes account is associated with the PC. I think. I'm a bit confused about how it all works, to be honest.

Sorry that I'm such an idiot... I also have no idea what OS my iPod is, and since I can't get into it, I can't find out.

Huge thanks to anyone who can help me!

iPod touch

Posted on May 27, 2015 1:31 PM

3 replies

Is there any way to get the NOTES off a locked iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.