Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to "redirect" opening a link away from Safari to another installed app, e.g., Facebook, using the UIDocumentInteractionController Class?

Hello, newbie here. I'm disgruntled by the apparent (i.e., if there's already a way, I haven't found it, and I've actually been told by a Mac Store rep that it isn't possible) inability, in iOS (vers. 8.3, 12F70) apps (e.g., Mail and Safari), to open links to Facebook pages directly in the Facebook app (which I do have installed): presently, selecting such links always attempts to open them in Safari, and consequently (?), makes me re-sign in to my Facebook account for each link, even if the last time I clicked on such a link was just a few seconds ago, and even if the Facebook page I just logged in for is still open!

I am a developer and so I'd like to try to implement my own solution; upon searching the Apple Developer site for "mail API," I was led, by a reply in a forum, to the UIDocumentInteractionController Class as a likely candidate for the means to "intercept" the event dispatched by clicking on the link, and redirecting it to the Facebook app for processing: is that indeed the correct class for such a purpose? If not, what is? Thanks!

OlyDLG

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, UIDocumentInteractionController

Posted on May 27, 2015 1:48 PM

There are no replies.

Possible to "redirect" opening a link away from Safari to another installed app, e.g., Facebook, using the UIDocumentInteractionController Class?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.