Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio files are grey. Can I retrieve them?

I mistakenly saved my audio files as a document. Now they are greyed out. I have tried adding them through the audio bin but all of the files are blank. Have I lost them?

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:15 PM

I mistakenly saved my audio files as a document

What do you mean by that. Did you open them in a text editor and saved them with a different feel extension?

Any TimeMachine, backup by any chance. Don't get caught letting friends tell you: "... what do you mean you don't have a backup"

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 2:15 PM in response to newmac81

I mistakenly saved my audio files as a document

What do you mean by that. Did you open them in a text editor and saved them with a different feel extension?

Any TimeMachine, backup by any chance. Don't get caught letting friends tell you: "... what do you mean you don't have a backup"

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 28, 2015 4:23 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hi Edgar,

In my haste, and panic, I didn't explain this very well so I will give it another go.

I had just purchased a new interface and was using it for the first time. When it came time to save the file I quickly done as I had before but the default must have been set to Documents. So the file is now in the documents folder with the audio files under a separate file labeled session. All of this would be no issue but now when I open the audio file a message comes up saying the audio file was not in the expected location.

I have tried locate, search and skip when looking for the file but have had no luck in locating the file. Even when I search and find the file, the files are empty.

Thanks for replying and any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I simply may have to record the tracks again.

Michael

audio files are grey. Can I retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.