Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Hack going around, please stop it APPLE inc.!

i Am sure all you have gotten the text from someone today, but this text that you send and receive shuts off ur phones and puts a virus on your phone! Many of my friends have either broken there phone because this virus going around or they had to reset there phone and loose everything! Apple it is YOUR job to prevent this from happening. Many people are getting annoyed and angry! Please stop this!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:02 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Cole_2018

Apple is not here. It is not a virus. There is an easy fix. See stedman's link.

Since so many people have "friends" who think it is amusing to create havoc on their "friends" devices, and this has pretty much gone viral (not virus, hahaha), I'm sure Apple is looking at a way to prevent it from getting through.

You can send your concerns directly to Apple if you wish:

Apple - Feedback

GB

May 27, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Cole_2018

Cole_2018 wrote:

i Am sure all you have gotten the text from someone today, but this text that you send and receive shuts off ur phones and puts a virus on your phone!

No, I haven't gotten it nor has anyone I know personally.

Just to be clear, it's not a virus. It does not, according to everything I've read, represent any kind of security risk. The article that stedman1 linked to gives some possible fixes. You may also prevent the problem by turning off Message preview and notifications.

Jun 14, 2015 12:38 AM in response to Cole_2018

There is no virus in iPhone unless you are jailbroken.. But if you are having a virus, check in your iPhone is there any sign of cydia or jailbreak apps that prove that you are jailbroken. Also if you get a message the crash your iPhone, then click link at stedman1's link to fix the text bug. If you are afraid of loosing your data just calm down and backup your data using iTunes or iCloud.

iPhone Hack going around, please stop it APPLE inc.!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.