Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The need of the mouse on the iPad

What is the reason why Apple does not provide bluetooth mouse support on IPad?

When using desktop emulation was quite important and productive dispose a mouse pointer.

The mouse support would bring more versatility to the Ipad, this Apple's position is incomprehensible....

Best regards,

JB

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:03 PM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 2:50 PM in response to jbernardino

While I feel your pain with regard to using an app like Splashtop or Team Viewer, I too believe to like the others here, that the iPad was developed with a touch screen to free one from the need of a mouse. The iPad was developed essentially to be an "all-in-one" "you don't need anything else to use it" device. Portability, ease of use and size were determining factors in the way it was designed,

After the iPad was developed, others saw ways that they could incorporate the use of an iPad with a desktop and that is a bonus, if and when it works the way it is designed to work. I don't know anything about anything, but I really don't envision a day when a mouse will play a prominent role in the use of an iPad. It's beauty is in the simplicity of use.

The need of the mouse on the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.