Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail on my ipad 2 is frozen with a blank screen for about 30 secs before going back to the home screen. I've close mail and tried rebooting but no joy. Help?

Mail on my ipad 2 is frozen with a blank screen for about 30 secs before going back to the home screen. I've close mail and tried rebooting but no joy. Help?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:16 PM

How did you "close" Mail? Did you quit the app like this:

To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app.

If you didn't use this method give it a try. After quitting the Mail app reset your device. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 3:16 PM in response to BertieY

How did you "close" Mail? Did you quit the app like this:

To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app.

If you didn't use this method give it a try. After quitting the Mail app reset your device. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.