Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any software to always show the volume level? (not GeekTool)

I have been looking around for 2 hours now and getting quite exhausted. I've been messing with GeekTool with no avail. So, I figured I'd ask the Apple world to see if you guys knew of any ways to constantly show the volume level on screen while a user is using your computer.

We are using multiple computers for multi-media during an event, and don't want the deaf guy making other people deaf while using the same computer due to the unknown volume level.

Any other ideas for a solution in this situation would also be helpful. Although, I would like to mention we do not want to have a "cap" on the volume for those people that are really deaf or can't hear due to loud environmental situations.

Thanks,

itsonvia

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:54 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 5:24 AM in response to itsonvia

The only solution that comes to mind would be a programmatic shell around your media software. That is, something that resets the volume to a certain level at the end of the presentation. Otherwise, I don't know of any way to constantly show the volume control. Besides, that display is right in the center of the display.

Headphones?

Is there any software to always show the volume level? (not GeekTool)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.