Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rogue power/arabic SMS - 5

Both iPhones in our household affected - a 5 & 5s - I've tried all the tips: send self a message, change date settings, have code resent etc. but without success.

NB: The matter appears to worsen the more times you do the latter. So, I've done a full factory reset on both devices and restored from previous back-ups but to no avail on the 5 but initial success on the 5s. However, as I'm to blame, I offered my 5s to replace my wife's 5 but when I tried to "swap" my 5s to her 5 (until a bug-fix is available) both devices are now not allowing the message app to open. Anybody any solutions?

Posted on May 27, 2015 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 3:19 PM

If restoring from a back up didn't work, the next step would be to restore the devices as new NOT from a back up.

3 replies

May 27, 2015 10:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks Meg St._Clair - I suspected that might be my only option. I'm hoping once apple release a bug-fix there may be an option to restore from yesterday without affecting both the devices. I think I'm still in the bad books again. If I were to restore the 5, how can I make sure all the contacts will go back on it? I seem to have lost my ability to think.

May 28, 2015 9:28 AM in response to rocco698

Having a non-functional phone makes me feel like I lost a quarter of my brain.....

What do you sync your contacts to? iCloud? Google? Yahoo? As long as they are synced to some account, you should be abel to get them all back. For example, I use Google. My contacts are completely independent of the Apple ecosystem. Every back up of my phone could be obliterated and I'd still have my contacts.

Rogue power/arabic SMS - 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.